Wesley Hall is a grade two (II) listed building in Cricklade, Wiltshire, SN6. It was first listed in 1976.
Interior has canted galleries on cast-iron columns. This is a building that was once a chapel for the Primitive Wesleyan Methodist church. It was built in 1855 and is now a surgery (a place where people go to see a doctor). The building is made of brick with stone details. It has a tall narrow front with a gabled porch (a roof that sticks out over the entrance). There are two doors with panels, and above them is a stone lintel with a carving of a cross. There is also a plaque on the front of the building that says “Primitive Methodist. Pethahiah. Ad 1855”. This means that the chapel was dedicated to a man named Pethahiah, and the year it was built. Inside, there are galleries (rows of seats) on either side of the room, and they are supported by thin metal columns.
About Wesley Hall
SU 19 SW CRICKLADE CALCUTT STREET (south side)
13/107 Wesley Hall 26.8.76 GV II
Primitive Wesleyan Methodist chapel. Now surgery. 1855. Brick with stone quoins and dressings. Gable to street with forward gabled porch. Pair of 3-panelled doors and chamfered stone lintel. Quatrefoil over and wheel cross finial. Chapel has 2 round-headed windows and oval plaque in gable, inscribed PRIMITIVE METHODIST. PETHAHIAH. AD 1855.
Where is Wesley Hall?
Wesley Hall is located on Calcutt Street, in Cricklade, Wiltshire, SN6.
|Grid Reference||SU 10076 93579|
|Easting, Northing||410075.99, 193579.79784|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.640932, -1.855791|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1023092|