The Old Vicarage is a grade two (II) listed building in Charlton, Wiltshire, SN16. It was first listed in 1987.
About The Old Vicarage
ST 98 NE CHARLTON VICARAGE LANE, Perry Green (east side)
6/45 The Old Vicarage
Former vicarage, now detached house. Circa 1850. Squared and coursed rubble, ashlar dressings and copings, Welsh slate roofs with paired ashlar stacks set on the diagonal: some lateral, others ridge. Cruciform plan of 2 storeys and attics with gabled ends to each wing. Windows are 2 and 3-light chamfered cross-mullions with hoodmoulds and casements. Canted bay with French windows to south wing, porch in angle on west facade with Tudor-arched openings: glazed and panelled door. Moulded string courses, flush rusticated quoins, and stepped copings with kneelers and openwork apex finials to gables. Attached contemporary stable range to north-west. Interior. Contemporary bookcases and slate fireplace in ground floor study.
Where is The Old Vicarage?
The Old Vicarage is located on Vicarage Lane, in Charlton, Wiltshire, SN16.
|Easting, Northing||396688.2075, 189322.77205|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.602734, -2.049214|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1022227|