The Old Rectory is a grade two (II) listed building in Great Somerford, Wiltshire, SN15. It was first listed in 1951.
About The Old Rectory
GREAT SOMERFORD TOP STREET ST 98 SE 3/217 The Old Rectory 12.12.51 II GV Former rectory, C16 or early C17 origins, enlarged mid to later C18 and further in later C19, rubble stone with stone slate roofs. Two storeys. Original range is at east end with roof hipped to south and at north east angle, one ridge stack and one rear stack. South end has hipped dormer and one-window range of windows in flush ashlar surrounds, blank above, former sash below. East side has been built out as large 3-window canted bay with similar windows, but centre has ground floor door and blank window above. One- window range to right has similar ground floor window and blank above. All windows had C18 sashes, replaced with C20 aluminium glazing. North end has hipped dormer and late C16 or early C17 two-storey canted bay with 1:3:1-light mullion windows, cyma/hollow moulded, with coved top moulding. North front has been extended by one-window range to west with end stack in C18, paired sash below, window above. Large later C19 L-plan addition to west with large mullion-and-transom windows, north side-wall stack, coped west gable, south side Gothic door to left and half-hipped projecting wing to right. (P. Hobbs, Somerford Magna, 1982 28-29)
Where is The Old Rectory?
The Old Rectory is located on Top Street, in Great Somerford, Wiltshire, SN15.
|Grid Reference||ST 96505 83092|
|Easting, Northing||396505.241, 183092.43284|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.546714, -2.051791|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1022518|