The Old Rectory, Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15 (Grade II)
The Old Rectory is a grade two (II) listed building in Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15. It was first listed in 1987.
About The Old Rectory
LACOCK CANTAX HILL ST 9168 (west side) 4/29 The Old Rectory II
Former rectory, 1865-6, pennant stone coursed rubble with ashlar dressings, steep slate roofs, coped gables and prominent ashlar stacks. Two storeys, High Victorian Gothic style, basically L-plan with east cross wing and main front to south, but also parallel north range. South front has cross wing gable to right and 2-window range to left, cross wing with angel finial, boldly detailed plate- traceried upper window, dated 1866, and large ground floor canted bay. Range to left has steep eaves-breaking dormer gables over pointed-headed paired sashes and ground floor pair and triple sashes. All ground floor windows have dividing shafts and shouldered heads. Gables have banding, carved shields and mottoes. Two-window east front, near symmetrical, has similar upper dormer gables and ground floor paired sash to left, but to right pointed arched door flanked by 2 plate traceried 2-light windows all with hood moulds. North end wall has diagonally placed stair-lights and answering corbelling to stack. North range has lower gable adjoining main gable and 2-window range beyond with pointed arched door. Single storey range beyond west end. In entrance hall, 3 armorial stained glass windows. Original staircase.
Where is The Old Rectory?
The Old Rectory is located on Cantax Hill, in Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15.
|Easting, Northing||391362.251, 168771.0664|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.417887, -2.125603|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1022142|