The Dutch House, Bury St. Edmunds, West Suffolk, Suffolk, IP33 (Grade II)

The Dutch House is a grade two (II) listed building in Bury St. Edmunds, West Suffolk, Suffolk, IP33. It was first listed in 1952.

About The Dutch House

BURY ST EDMUNDS



TL8564SE MUSTOW STREET 639-1/8/482 (North side) 07/08/52 The Dutch House (Formerly Listed as: MUSTOW STREET (North side) No.1A and Mustow House)



House, formerly part of Mustow House (qv). Early C19. Red brick front, rendered sides; plaintiled roof. Set sideways-on to the street with an elaborately shaped Dutch gable. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 2 sash windows in flush cased frames to the ground storey, one with a single vertical bar to lights, the other with 2 vertical bars. On the upper storey, paired C20 windows have been set into a wider recessed opening, partly blocked, with a shallow segmental brick arch. Entrance door with flush panels in a moulded wood architrave with a flat bracketed pediment. Modernised interior. Included for group value with Mustow House (qv).


Where is The Dutch House?

The Dutch House is located on Mustow Street, in Bury St. Edmunds, West Suffolk, Suffolk, IP33.


Key Facts

Grid ReferenceTL 85646 64363
Easting, Northing585646.309, 264363.45084
Latitude, Longitude52.246113, 0.717915
Grade listingII (two)
English Heritage List Entry Number1022609
Spotted something that’s incorrect?