Temple in The Garden At The Courts is a grade two (II) listed building in The Courts, Holt, Wiltshire, BA14. It was first listed in 1988.
About Temple in The Garden At The Courts
ST 8661 HOLT THE WALK (south side)
10/82 Temple in the garden at The Courts
Garden temple. Early C20. Limestone ashlar, stone slate roof with coped verges. Four Composite columns to plain frieze and moulded pediment with female mask and garlands. Restored by the National Trust, 1980s. One of a number of garden features laid out by Sir George Hastings in c1900 and developed by Lady Cecilie Goff during 1920s and 1930s. (Country Life, 1st January 1943)
Where is Temple in The Garden At The Courts?
Temple in The Garden At The Courts is located on The Walk, in The Courts, Holt, Wiltshire, BA14.
|Grid Reference||ST 86193 61751|
|Easting, Northing||386193, 161751.36084|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.354666, -2.199663|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1021817|