Strode House is a grade two (II) listed building in Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15. It was first listed in 1987.
About Strode House
LACOCK THE WHARF ST 96 NW 3/173 Strode House II
House, c1830-40 on earlier core. Ashlar front, rendered and squared rubble rear wings. Slate roofs. Main front is formal 2- storey, 3-window range with deep-eaved low-pitched hipped roof. Painted boarding to eaves soffit. Raised plinth, angle strips, band and eaves band. Twelve-pane sashes and centre elliptical- arched doorway with 4-panel door, side-lights and traceried fanlight. Broad Roman Doric porch with 2 columns, half-column responds and flat entablature. Two rear wings: South rendered with sashes in flush ashlar frames, steep-pitched roof and east end stack, to north of coursed rubble stone with raised band and several cyma-moulded recessed 2-light mullion windows. C20 hipped porch. House is marked, as Stroud Farm, owned by D. Smith Esqr, on 1773 Andrews and Drury map.
Where is Strode House?
Strode House is located on The Wharf, in Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15.
|Grid Reference||ST 92504 67960|
|Easting, Northing||392504, 167960.36084|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.410614, -2.109167|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1022200|