Purton House is a grade two (II) listed building in Purton, Wiltshire, SN5. It was first listed in 1986.
The house is called Purton House, it was built in 1840, and it is in England. It is two stories tall, has a portico, and 12 and 15-pane sashes. It extends to the left by 3 bays, and has service buildings to the rear. It was owned by Rajah Brooke of Sarawak from 1870 to 1873.
About Purton House
SU 08 NE PURTON CHURCH END
8/302 Purton House
House in own grounds. c.1840. Stucco with slate roof. Two storeys, 3 x 1-bays. Central double 3-panelled doors within Ionic portico in antis. Central bay set slightly forward. Twelve and 15-pane sashes with moulded architraves and bracketed cornices. Top cornice and parapet. Building extends left by 3-bays set well back, 2 storeys with hipped slated roof behind parapet, and to rear extensive service buildings, around a yard. The original entrance lay to the east. The house was owned by Rajah Brooke of Sarawak 1870-c.1873.
Where is Purton House?
Purton House is located on Church End, in Purton, Wiltshire, SN5.
|Grid Reference||SU 09850 87163|
|Easting, Northing||409850, 187163.36084|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.583244, -1.859235|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1023172|