Penleigh Farmhouse is a grade two (II) listed building in Dilton Marsh, Wiltshire, BA13. It was first listed in 1968.
About Penleigh Farmhouse
DILTON MARSH FAIRWOOD ROAD ST 85 SE (east side) 4/108 Penleigh Farmhouse 11.9.68 GV II Farmhouse. Early C17 with C18 additions and early C19 wing. English garden wall bond brick, Bridgewater tiled roof, brick stacks, C19 range Flemish bond with Welsh slate roof. L-plan. Two-storey, 1-window former entrance front on south side. C17 range has 3-light cyma-mullioned casement to ground floor, 3-light T mullioned and transomed window and datestone: G H / 1716 to first floor, toothed eaves. C18 wing attached to right has 4-panelled door, 3 and 2-light casements, to right of this is C19 wing with higher roofline and French windows, 4-pane and 16-pane sashes. Rear of C17 range has 3-light C20 and 3-light C19 casements, 3- light mullioned and transoms casement to first floor, 3-light casement to attic floor. Right return has 2-light mullioned casement to ground floor, 3-light mullioned and transomed to first floor and 3-light attic casement, attached outbuildings. Interior of C17 range has blocked open fireplace, fine moulded cross beams to ground floor west room, C19 joinery. Initials on the datestone of those of George Turner who bought the Penleigh estate in 1704. (VCH, Wiltshire, Vol 8, 1965)
Where is Penleigh Farmhouse?
Penleigh Farmhouse is located on Fairwood Road, in Dilton Marsh, Wiltshire, BA13.
|Grid Reference||ST 85641 50894|
|Easting, Northing||385641, 150894.36084|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.257029, -2.207149|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1021472|