Pair Of Habgood Monuments in Churchyard, 10-12 Metres South Of Chancel, Church Of St John, Latton, Wiltshire, SN6 (Grade II)

Pair Of Habgood Monuments in Churchyard, 10-12 Metres South Of Chancel, Church Of St John is a grade two (II) listed building in Latton, Wiltshire, SN6. It was first listed in 1986.

There are two monuments in the churchyard of St. John’s Church, 10-12m south of the chancel. They are chest tombs, made of limestone, and date from the early 1800s. The north monument is inscribed with the name Edward Habgood, and the south monument is inscribed with the names Thomas Habgood and Elizabeth, who died in 1807.

About Pair Of Habgood Monuments in Churchyard, 10-12 Metres South Of Chancel, Church Of St John

SU 09 NE LATTON CROFT LANE (north side)



2/196 Pair of Habgood monuments in churchyard, 10-12m south of chancel, Church of St. John



Pair of chest tombs. Early C19. Limestone. To north; moulded table with stepped superstructure. Inscribed panel with carved surround, and end fluted pilasters, to EDWARD HABGOOD. To south; moulded entablature, recessed panel between fluted pilasters and moulded base. To THOMAS HABGOOD and ELIZABETH, died 1807.


Where is Pair Of Habgood Monuments in Churchyard, 10-12 Metres South Of Chancel, Church Of St John?

Pair Of Habgood Monuments in Churchyard, 10-12 Metres South Of Chancel, Church Of St John is located on Croft Lane, in Latton, Wiltshire, SN6.


Key Facts

Grid ReferenceSU 09343 95790
Easting, Northing409343, 195790.36084
Latitude, Longitude51.66082, -1.866325
Grade listingII (two)
English Heritage List Entry Number1023129
Spotted something that’s incorrect?