Former Coach House and Attached Garden Wall in The Courtyard To The North West Of Cole Park, St. Paul Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 (Grade II)

Former Coach House and Attached Garden Wall in The Courtyard To The North West Of Cole Park is a grade two (II) listed building in St. Paul Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16. It was first listed in 1951.

About Former Coach House and Attached Garden Wall in The Courtyard To The North West Of Cole Park

ST 98 NW ST PAUL MALMESBURY GRANGE LANE WITHOUT (east side) –



5/150 Former Coach-house and attached garden wall in the courtyard to the- 12.12.51 north-west of Cole Park (formerly listed as Outbuildings, moatwall, gateposts and bridge)



Former coach house, now dwelling, and attached section of garden wall. Coach house probably mid C16 in origin with late C18 refronting and C20 conversion. Wall of Tudor brick probably resited in the late C18. Wall of brick with ashlar coping; house with brick east front and rubble rear and side walls, flush rusticated dressed stone quoins and stone slate roof. Two-storey, 3-bay house with central blocked semi-circular coach entrance and casement fenestration; plank door to left and further garden doorway to left which is attached to the adjoining garden wall. Ten metre run of wall 1.5 metres high, serpentine on plan and with cambered coping.


Where is Former Coach House and Attached Garden Wall in The Courtyard To The North West Of Cole Park?

Former Coach House and Attached Garden Wall in The Courtyard To The North West Of Cole Park is located on Grange Lane, in St. Paul Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16.


Key Facts

Grid ReferenceST9400985276
Easting, Northing394008.804, 185276.3819
Latitude, Longitude51.566329, -2.08783
Grade listingII (two)
English Heritage List Entry Number1022272
Spotted something that’s incorrect?