Court House is a grade two (II) listed building in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14. It was first listed in 1950.
About Court House
CASTLE STREET 1. 5411 (East Side) Court House ST 5587 7/3 29.12.50. II GV
Circa 1796. 3 storey and basement. Plum-coloured brick on stone plinth up to ground floor cill level. Stone strings at 1st and 2nd floor cills levels. Stone frieze, moulded cornice and blocking course with moulded coping. 3 sash windows to upper floors, the central on 1st floor arched and in arched recess. Glazing altered. 2 segmental-headed windows, 5 panes wide, with radiating and wreathed glazing to heads, on ground floor, and 8-panel central door with heavily moulded panels, segmental fanlight of curved and circular pattern, and narrow side lights of diamond and rectangular pattern. The bottom panels of door have angle roundels. 2 basement windows. Verandah now removed as also fine wrought iron railings etc.
Nos 51 to 60 (consec) 60A and 61B form a group with No 62 (Castle House) and Court House. No 51 is of local interest,
Where is Court House?
Court House is located on Castle Street, in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14.
|Grid Reference||ST 85615 57889|
|Easting, Northing||385615, 157889.36084|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.319925, -2.207806|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1021534|