Converted Barn Range To West Of Sheldon Manor is a grade two (II) listed building in Sheldon Manor, Wiltshire, SN14. It was first listed in 1960.
About Converted Barn Range To West Of Sheldon Manor
CHIPPENHAM WITHOUT SHELDON ST 87 SE 5/231 Converted barn range to west of Sheldon Manor (formerly listed as 2 cottages and 20.12.60 stables at Sheldon Manor)
Range of 2 barns and outbuildings, 1723, altered 1911 and north end rebuilt as cottage 1968. Rubble stone with stone-tiled roofs. South end barn, now tea-shop, with projecting west side half-hipped cart entry. Cart entry infilled and west side altered with various stable openings. Blocked east side plain cart entry and reused early C18 moulded doorcase with 9-panel door inserted from demolished house at Allington Bar. Second barn, stepped up has half-hipped west cart entry. converted to 2 cottages c1911, with ridge stacks, 3 window range, 2 storey house to right of cart entry, windows in cart entry, lean-to porch and dormer to left. Rear wall has 2 narrow lights and reused 9-panel door and 2-light mullion window with hood. North end, rebuilt 1968 by O. Brakspear, has 2 dormer gables each side, mullion windows with king-mullions and 2 segment-headed glazing bar windows to ground floor west side. Running east, enclosing north side of Sheldon Manor garden, single storey range of 4 open bays and enclosed stone section with reused early C19 Gothic panelled door. Hipped east gable. Stone section has west wall of thick masonry, part of a pre-C17 building. Added at west end a C20 hipped roof summerhouse, originally open to south, now glazed.
Where is Converted Barn Range To West Of Sheldon Manor?
Converted Barn Range To West Of Sheldon Manor is located on Sheldon, in Sheldon Manor, Wiltshire, SN14.
|Grid Reference||ST 88636 74105|
|Easting, Northing||388636, 174105.36084|
|Latitude, Longitude||51.465802, -2.16498|
|Grade listing||II (two)|
|English Heritage List Entry Number||1022909|